Attophotonics develops fully automated analytical robotic systems.
Attophotonics has already developed various systems for customers all over the world.
An automated robotic system for analysis and control of yeast and eukaryotic fermentation was developed and installed for Boehringer Ingelheim.
An automated robotic system for pathogen-control of water supplies was developed for SAUR/France and was implemented e.g. in Paris North.
Various other systems are run at universities for R&D applications.
Analyzer for SAUR France
Pathogens such as viruses, bacteria, protozoa, amoebae, and even worms can be found in virtually all water supplies. Pathogens are known to cause diseases such as cholera, typhoid fever, dysentery, legionellaires’disease and gastroenteritis. Due to the pathogens, all water supplies must be disinfected before they can be considered potable and sometimes waste or cooling water must be disinfected before being re-used or disposed of. Disinfection kills or inactivates disease-causing microorganisms in water supplies. (A > 99.9% inactivation of Giardia lamblia cysts must be provided, for instance.)
A fast, accurate and competitive technique for detection of pathogenic microorganisms was developed by Attophotonics for use in water supplies – and is now proprietary to SAUR/ France.
This robotic system is moreover applicable in many areas of research, medicine, hospitals, food industries and industrial processes. The know-how and the necessary technology are available via Attophotonics Austria.
Automated Pathogen-DNA Analysis
- Identification is done based on automated cell-cracking combined with robotic Real Time-PCR.
- Detection is significantly faster and more sensitive in comparison to other techniques.
- Cells are opened by a novel technology based on electromagnetic pulse radiation and DNA as well as RNA is harvested and purified on site.
- Pathogen detection on the routine basis is no more limited by manual sample handling.
- In a realistic field application the ultra-sensitive devices are sensitive down to 3 cells / liter.
Attophotonics detects pathogenic microorganisms via Real Time-PCR-based detection. All individual steps of sample processing and analysis are automated in an integrated capture, collection and handling system. The system is free of manual handling for days to weeks: PATENTS: US2004241828, ES2355748, AT486950, FR2827873,…